Manual vs Automatic Camera Settings
Episode 24 · November 9th, 2018 · 31 mins
About this Episode
We (good-naturedly) wade back into the question of “What makes a REAL photographer?” In this case, we’re talking about shooting using entirely manual controls or using the auto or semi-automatic modes on your camera. (Spoiler: Anyone with a camera is a real photographer.) We discuss when each approach works, and the advantages of knowing how shutter speed, aperture, and ISO all work together.
Masters of Photography, online masterclasses with the greatest photographers in the world. Get 5% off any course with the code PHOTOACTIVE. https://mastersof.photography
(View show notes with images at PhotoActive.co)
- Episode #21 - HDR (High Dynamic Range) Photography
- Aperture Priority mode (Wikipedia)
- Shutter Priority mode (Wikipedia)
- The Exposure Triangle - A Beginner’s Guide (PhotographyLife.com)
- Episode #8 - Gordon Laing on Taking Great Photos In Camera
- f/8 and Be There - What We Can Learn from WeeGee’s Philosophy
- Jeff: Road to Seeing, by Dan Winters
- Kirk: iPhone XS Max
Subscribe to the PhotoActive podcast mailing list at the bottom of any page at the PhotoActive web site to be notified of new episodes and be eligible for occasional giveaways. If you’ve already subscribed to the mailing list, you’re automatically entered.
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast. And don't forget to join the PhotoActive Facebook group to discuss the podcast, share your photos, and more.