If you use Apple’s Photos app on your Mac or iOS device, are you also synchronizing your images via iCloud Photo Library? In this week’s episode, Jeff and Kirk talk about the pros and cons of Apple’s cloud service for photos. Why should you consider it? What are the downsides? And if you have your images in the cloud, is that considered a backup? (No, it’s not. We explain why.)
Masters of Photography, online masterclasses with the greatest photographers in the world. Get 5% off any course with the code PHOTOACTIVE. https://mastersof.photography
- Rate and Review the PhotoActive Podcast!
- Take Control of Your Digital Photos, by Jeff Carlson
- The Next Track podcast
- Set Up and Use iCloud Photos, Apple
- Manage your photo and video storage, Apple
- Buy more iCloud storage, Apple
- Spect app
- Photo browser utilities for the Mac: Quickly sort through a photo shoot, Macworld
- Inside iOS 12: Photos Encourages More Engagement, TidBITS
- iMazing HEIC Converter
- Jeff: Mini Gaffer Tape Rolls
- Kirk: Everyday Photography Every Day podcast by Michael Rubin and Suzanne Fritz-Hanson
Subscribe to the PhotoActive podcast mailing list at the bottom of any page at the PhotoActive web site to be notified of new episodes and be eligible for occasional giveaways. If you’ve already subscribed to the mailing list, you’re automatically entered.
If you like the show, please subscribe in iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please rate the podcast. And don't forget to join the PhotoActive Facebook group to discuss the podcast, share your photos, and more.